Your MOHELA account number is a 10-digit unique number available in your account or on any billing statement. Payoff checks should be made payable to MOHELA for all loans serviced by MOHELA. To get your 10-day payoff amount:
- Visit MOHELA.
- Enter your username and click “Login”.
- Enter your password and click “Continue”.
- Select “Payoff Calculator” under Payment Assistance.
- Select your payoff method (Online, Phone or Mail).
- Select a payoff date 10 days from the current date.
- Select which loans you would like to pay off (you may choose one or more) and click “Calculate”.
Your payoff results will be shown, and you will be able to print details of the payoff estimate. If you have trouble obtaining a payoff amount, you can call 1 (888) 866-4352.
Your MOHELA payoff address depends on the type of loan you have. All federal loans have one payoff address while Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans go to another. FFELP loans are any Stafford Loans, Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Federal PLUS Loans, and Federal Consolidation Loans.
For Federal student loans:
Department of Education
P.O. BOX 105347
Atlanta, Georgia 30348-5347
For FFELP borrowers:
PO BOX 1022
Chesterfield, MO 63006
If you plan to pay off some but not all loans, you can list out the individual loans by their Loan Sequence numbers. These Loan Sequence numbers are listed in your billing statement and are typically 1, 2, 3, etc. Please do not use the “Loan Program” as the unique identifier for your loan since MOHELA will not apply be able to identify payoffs with that information.
Visit MOHELA’s help center here.