Submit a request

What happens to my loan if I go back to school? | Student Loan Refinancing

We offer deferment up to 36 months for clients who return to an accredited graduate school at least half time. In order to be eligible for deferment, your current enrollment status must be more than half-time. Our team may request additional documentation to confirm your enrollment status. Acceptable forms of documentation include: 

  • An official letter on school letterhead confirming the start and end dates of the program you are enrolled in.
  • Verification form from the National Clearing House. (This option may require a small fee).

Please note that interest continues to accrue during the deferment period. If you would like to request a deferment or would like additional information, please contact our Client Happiness team by clicking the "Get In Touch" button found at the bottom of this article.

Have more questions? Submit a request