The process for updating the address on your student loan profile depends on the stage of the refinancing process you've made it to.
Finally, if you have an active account or you've started an application by using the rate check tool, but have not yet submitted it, you can update your address in your online profile by doing the following:
- Sign in to your Earnest account, and click on your name in the right-hand corner.
- Select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Documents and Uploads,” find the "Offer Letter, Statement, or Other Document to upload" section.
- Drop your file into the box, select the document type of "Other" and click "Upload." Please note that the maximum file capacity is 10MB.
- Review and click the green box labeled "Save Changes" at the bottom.
Please note that we cannot accept international addresses or P.O. boxes as your address.
If you've submitted an application or if you have an open loan offer, you'll be unable to update your address in your online profile. We're happy to update it for you but will need a little documentation to verify your new address. Please upload one of the following documents to your Earnest account:
- Utility bill, not more than two months old, issued directly to you and verifying a physical address (examples include gas, electric, sewer, water, cable or landline phone bill; cell phone bills are not accepted)
- Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill showing your physical address
- Property Deed
- Mortgage or monthly mortgage statement
- A residential rental/lease agreement
To upload the document, log into your Earnest profile, go to the "My Profile" tab, and select "Uploads" from the menu on the left. Once it's been uploaded, send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know it's there.