Submit a request

My Resident Status is DACA or Asylee. Can I apply for an Earnest loan? | Private Student Loans

If you are a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) or Asylee resident, you may be eligible for an Earnest loan as a student or a co-signer. In order to apply, you must have been given a social security number and currently reside in the US. If you are a DACA resident, you must provide a copy of your employment authorization Form I-797 (Notice of Action) or your Employment Authorization Document (EAD).​​ If you are an Asylee resident, please have a copy of your Employment Authorization Document (EAD), Form I-797 (Notice of Action), or Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record Card) stamped with “asylum granted indefinitely.” For more information on what we look for in an applicant, please take a look at our eligibility criteria here

If you are an H1-B visa student and would like to apply for an Earnest loan, you will be required to add a US-based cosigner who is either a US Citizen, permanent resident, DACA or Asylee resident. H1-B Visa holders or other visa-holder types are not eligible to be cosigners. 

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request