Yes! If you are an international student who is not a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible for an Earnest loan. Depending on your unique academic circumstance, you may not need to apply with a cosigner. In order to qualify without a cosigner, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are an international student from Canada, India, Mexico, or South Korea.
- You are the age of majority as defined by your country of origin.
- You are enrolled as a college Graduate student.
- You are pursuing a Graduate degree in one of the following programs: Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering, or a Master of Laws / Juris Doctorate.
- Your school is a supported, Title IV-qualified, not-for-profit, 4-year institution.
For more information on if you qualify to apply without a cosigner, please take a look at our eligibility criteria here.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you may still be eligible for an Earnest loan if you apply with a creditworthy cosigner who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. In addition to having a cosigner, you must have a physical address in the United States. If you would like to apply, you may be prompted to enter a Social Security number before you can continue with the application. If this is the case and you do not have one, please obtain a placeholder for a Social Security number from our team by clicking the “Get In Touch” button at the bottom of this article.