Submit a request

I am an International Student. Am I Eligible for an Earnest loan? | Private Student Loans

Yes! If you are an international student who is not a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible for an Earnest loan. Depending on your unique academic circumstance, you may not need to apply with a cosigner. In order to qualify without a cosigner, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You are an international student from Canada, India, Mexico, or South Korea.
  • You are the age of majority as defined by your country of origin.
  • You are enrolled as a college Graduate student.
  • You are pursuing a Graduate degree in one of the following programs: Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering, or a Master of Laws / Juris Doctorate.
  • Your school is a supported, Title IV-qualified, not-for-profit, 4-year institution.

For more information on if you qualify to apply without a cosigner, please take a look at our eligibility criteria here.

If you do not meet the above criteria, you may still be eligible for an Earnest loan if you apply with a creditworthy cosigner who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. In addition to having a cosigner, you must have a physical address in the United States. If you would like to apply, you may be prompted to enter a Social Security number before you can continue with the application. If this is the case and you do not have one, please obtain a placeholder for a Social Security number from our team by clicking the “Get In Touch” button at the bottom of this article.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request