You may be able to refinance your Earnest loans again to meet your financial goals. To be eligible, you must make six months of consecutive, on-time payments towards your current Earnest loan.
You can get started by logging into to your profile, go to the 'Products' tab along the top of the screen, and scroll down to 'Student Loan Refinancing'. You'll then be able to check your rates using our rate estimating tool. We can also share our current rate ranges based on 5, 10, 15, 20-year loan terms - just let us know.
After checking your rates using our rate estimating tool, if you'd like to move forward with a full application, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your new loan must be $5,000 or more.
- If approved, your entire Earnest loan balance will be paid off with the new loan. We're unable to do partial re-refinances at this time.
- To be able to offer you lower rates, we will need to review your current financial profile. Lower rates may be available when there is a significant increase in assets and income and decreased overall debt levels compared to your financial profile at the time of your last application.
- The application will ask you to consent to a new hard credit inquiry to review your most recent credit report.
- The balance of your connected financial accounts is out of date. When you get to the financial page of the application, please reconnect them and be sure to include all of your assets. You may end up with some duplicated accounts but that's ok.
- Current market rates apply.
- The process is currently estimated to take approximately 20 days: the review may take up to 10 days, and if we're able to approve you for a new offer, switching your loan over may take an additional 10-15 days.
- The option to refinance is only available to clients currently living in a state where Earnest has a license to lend. Please review our eligibility guidelines for further details.