Submit a request

What if I cannot make a personal loan payment on time?

Note: personal loans originated by Earnest may be serviced by either Earnest or SST. These instructions apply to Personal Loans serviced by Earnest only. For a Personal Loan serviced by SST, please contact SST following the instructions here. If you're not sure which company services your loan, click here.

If you're struggling to make a payment, please contact our Client Happiness team immediately to discuss. In certain situations you may qualify for forbearance, a protection offered by Earnest for clients who are experiencing a documented and verifiable hardship. In most cases, these would include circumstances such as:

  • Involuntary decrease in income (e.g. reduction in hours, unpaid leave or change from full-time to part-time employment)
  • Involuntary loss of employment (defined as termination at no fault of the client)
  • Significant increase in costs that are essential to the home or family (e.g. increase in medical expenses, emergency home repairs or child care)

Please note that voluntary resignations from employment, outside of extenuating circumstances, would not qualify for forbearance. During all servicing requests, simple daily interest continues to accrue on your loan.

All forbearance requests must be received by Earnest at least five (5) business days prior to the date the forbearance begins.

Have more questions? Submit a request