Submit a request

How do I change my address on my Earnest personal loan profile?

Note: personal loans originated by Earnest may be serviced by either Earnest or SST. These instructions apply to Personal Loans serviced by Earnest only. For a Personal Loan serviced by SST, please contact SST following the instructions here. If you're not sure which company services your loan, click here.

The process for updating the address on your personal loan profile depends on where you are in the process of applying for a loan and/or repaying it.

If you've started an application by using the "Get Your Rate" tool, but have not yet submitted it, you can update your address in your online profile by doing the following:

  1. Log into your Earnest profile.
  2. Go to the "My Profile" tab on the top of the page.
  3. Click on the "Personal" tab from the menu on the left.
  4. Update your address.
  5. Save changes.

If you've submitted an application, and it's currently in underwriting, OR if you have an open loan offer, you'll be unable to update your address in your online profile. We're happy to update it for you, but will need a little documentation to verify your new address. Please upload one of the following documents to your Earnest account:

  • Utility bill, not more than two months old, issued directly to you and verifying a physical address (examples include gas, electric, sewer, water, cable or landline phone bill; cell phone bills are not accepted)
  • Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill showing physical address
  • Property deed
  • Mortgage or monthly mortgage statement
  • Residential rental/lease agreement

To upload the document, log into your Earnest profile, go to the "My Profile" tab, and select "Uploads" from the menu on the left. Once it's been uploaded, send us a quick email to let us know it's there.

Finally, if you have a current personal or repaid personal loan, you can update your address in your online profile by the same instructions above.

Please note that we cannot accept international addresses or P.O. boxes as your address.

Have more questions? Submit a request