Starting at the end of October, the dashboard for your Earnest student loan refinance will look a little different. Your payment options are also changing. Here's everything you need to know:
Update: We have re-released the bi-weekly Auto Pay option!
Check out how to enroll here.
First things first: is either my monthly minimum or my rate increasing?
Nope. Your monthly minimum payment amount, loan term, and interest rate are not affected by this change. Your original loan agreement is still in effect.
Do I still work with Earnest to pay off my student loan?
Yes! We're still here for you, same as always. Our Client Happiness team can be reached at (888) 601-2801, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So what IS changing?
- You'll be able to make same-day payments.
- You'll be able to make monthly payments via check.
- You'll be able to connect and pay from multiple online payment accounts.
- You'll be able to schedule multiple extra payments at once.
- You'll have a monthly due date in between the 3rd and 22nd of each month. You'll no longer be able to make bi-weekly Auto Payments.
- You're getting a new account and loan number for each of your Earnest student loans.
- You'll receive a monthly billing statement.
- You'll be able to download your statement, along with other sensitive documents and correspondence, directly from your Earnest dashboard.
- By the end of the year, your loan will be reported to all three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion).
- As of October 29, 2018, the address where we will accept paper checks will be PO Box 9202, Wilkes Barre, PA 18773-9202.
- You'll have a re-designed online dashboard reflecting these changes.
- We’re updating the iOS app, too! For now, while under construction, the app is temporarily out of service. We’ll let you know when the new app is ready to go.
- More to come!
Why are you making these changes?
We're growing! As Earnest turns five, we serve a record number and ever-expanding community of clients. It's important to us that we hold ourselves to a high standard of excellence in our product, our policies, and our support as we grow. These changes were made to provide features our clients have frequently requested (same-day payments, downloadable statements, etc); to enhance the security of your information; and to make sure we're delivering an easy, safe, and empowering online experience to each and every client.
Do I need to do anything?
If you're on a monthly Auto Pay schedule with a recurring payment date on the 1st, 2nd, or 23rd-31st: you will need to select a new payment date. Please sign in to your Earnest account by October 18 to choose your desired payment date between the 3rd and 22nd. If your payment date is outside of the 3rd-22nd on October 18, your payment will be automatically pushed to November 3.
Everyone else: no action requested.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- While your new dashboard will provide a detailed payment history, your payment history from before the transition will not appear. If you ever need your old payment history from prior to the transition, simply contact Client Happiness.
- We previously reported information about your account to only one credit bureau. Approximately 60 days after this transition is complete, we’ll soon report your loan to all nationwide consumer reporting agencies. This includes all on-time payments, repayment of loan, late or missed payments, or default on your account may be reflected in your credit report.