The process for updating the address on your student loan profile depends on the stage of refinancing process you've made it to.
If you've started an application by using the "Get Your Rate" tool, but have not yet submitted it, you can update your address in your online profile by doing the following:
- Log into your Earnest profile.
- Go to the "My Profile" tab on the top of the page.
- Click on the "Personal" tab from the menu on the left.
- Update your address.
- Save changes.
If you've submitted an application, and it's currently in underwriting, OR if you have an open loan offer, you'll be unable to update your address in your online profile. We're happy to update it for you, but will need a little documentation to verify your new address. Please upload one of the following documents to your Earnest account:
- Utility bill, not more than two months old, issued directly to you and verifying a physical address (examples include gas, electric, sewer, water, cable or landline phone bill; cell phone bills are not accepted)
- Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill showing physical address
- Property deed
- Mortgage or monthly mortgage statement
- Residential rental/lease agreement
To upload the document, log into your Earnest profile, go to the "My Profile" tab, and select "Uploads" from the menu on the left. Once it's been uploaded, send us a quick email to let us know it's there.
Finally, if you have a current student loan, there will be a new place in your account where we maintain your address. This is the address we'll use for your official loan tax documents and statements. You can edit this address. Here's how you can find and edit it:
- Log into your account.
- Click on the "My Loans" tab from the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Loan Details" button for your loan.
- Make sure you're in the "Summary" box from the menu on the left.
- Click on the green edit icon next to the word "Address".
Please note that when you have an active student loan, you'll continue to see your address in the "My Profile" tab as well, and that you may see this address is outdated if you've recently updated your official address. However, your old address on the "My Profile" tab will not be used for any official documents. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note that we cannot accept international addresses or P.O. boxes as your address.