Submit a request

How do I change my address? | General Questions

The process for updating the address on your student loan profile depends on the stage of the application process you've made it to. Please note that we cannot accept international addresses or P.O. boxes as your address.

Active account or have a pending disbursement?

If you have an active account or have a pending disbursement, you can update your address in your online profile by signing in to your account, selecting “Profile” from the left-side navigation menu, and clicking "Edit Personal Information." 

Submitted an application or have an open loan offer?

If you've submitted an application or if you have an open loan offer, you'll be unable to update your address in your online profile. We're happy to update it for you, but we will need documentation to verify your new address. Please upload one of the following documents to your Earnest account:

  • Utility bill, not more than two months old, issued directly to you and verifying a physical address (examples include gas, electric, sewer, water, cable, or landline phone bill; cell phone bills are not accepted)
  • Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill showing your physical address
  • Property Deed
  • Mortgage or monthly mortgage statement
  • A residential rental/lease agreement

To upload the document, sign in to your Earnest dashboard and select “Profile” from the left-side navigation menu > “Documents & Uploads,” then drop your file in the "Offer Letter, Statements, and Other Documents" box and click "Save Changes" at the bottom. Once it has been uploaded, please let us know it’s there by clicking the ‘Get in Touch’ button at the bottom of this page.


Was this article helpful?
8 out of 10 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request