Note: personal loans originated by Earnest may be serviced by either Earnest or SST. These instructions apply to Personal Loans serviced by Earnest only. For a Personal Loan serviced by SST, please contact SST following the instructions here. If you're not sure which company services your loan, click here.
Please note that you must update your payment account (which must be a checking account) at least four business days prior to your payment due date to ensure the change takes effect in time.
If you would like to change your payment account, please complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your Earnest account
- Select ‘Loan Details’
- Ensure that the payment account is connected to your Earnest profile
- If the account has not already been connected:
- Select ‘My Profile’ at the top of the page
- Select ‘Financial’ on the left side of your account
- Connect the account as you did when you applied and connected your financial accounts
- Return to the ‘My Loans’ section of your account
- Select ‘Update Payment Account’ on the left side of your account
- Select the account using the dropdown menu under ‘Checking Account’
- Enter the full routing number of your checking account
- Enter the full account number of your checking account
- Click ‘Save Changes’
You may also refer to the visual below to follow the steps.