Your Great Lakes loans are identified by individual Payment Reference Numbers instead of typical account numbers. Payment Reference Numbers are 15-digit numbers included on your loan statement. To get your 10-day payoff amounts, follow these steps.
- Visit Great Lakes and sign in to your account.
- Click “Payments” in the top navigation bar, and then select the first option in the dropdown menu “Manage Payments”.
- Click the “Calculate Payoff Amount” link.
- Use the “Choose Payoff Date” field to select a date 10 days from the current date. Then click the “Calculate” button.
- The Payoff Amount is shown below.
Individual Great Lakes loans are identified by Payment Reference Numbers mentioned above. If you have certain loans you wouldn’t like to pay off, you’ll list out the Payoff Reference Numbers for those so we include those details in the payoff instructions.
Check out additional information about your Great Lakes billing statement here.
Payments for Great Lakes loans go to one of two addresses:
1) Department of Education-held loans processed and serviced by Great Lakes:
U.S. Department of Education
PO Box 790321
St. Louis, MO 63179-0321
2) Lender-held Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans processed and serviced by Great Lakes:
PO Box 3059
Milwaukee, WI 53201-3059