Your Great Lakes loans are identified by individual Payment Reference Numbers instead of typical account numbers. Payment Reference Numbers are 15-digit numbers included on your loan statement. To get your 10-day payoff amounts, follow these steps.
- Visit Great Lakes and sign in to your account.
- Click “Payments” in the top navigation bar, and then select the first option in the dropdown menu “Manage Payments”.
- Click the “Calculate Payoff Amount” link.
- Use the “Choose Payoff Date” field to select a date 10 days from the current date. Then click the “Calculate” button.
- The Payoff Amount is shown below.
To pay off some but not all of your Great Lakes loans, you may need to locate specific payoff information that is only available by calling their customer support team.
Check out additional information about your Great Lakes billing statement here.
Great Lakes loans go to one of two addresses:
Department of Education-held loans processed and serviced by Great Lakes:
Dept of Education
PO Box 530229
Atlanta, GA 30353-0229
Lender-held Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans processed and serviced by Great Lakes:
PO Box 3059
Milwaukee, WI 53201-3059
Individual Great Lakes loans are identified by Payment Reference Numbers mentioned above. If you have certain loans you wouldn’t like to pay off, you’ll list out the Payoff Reference Numbers for those so we include those details in the payoff instructions.