Yes! With documentation from your previous loan provider (i.e., Earnest, SoFi, Mohela, etc.) to confirm, we may match your existing grace period for up to nine months. It’s important to note, that full principal and interest plans may not have a grace period in the repayment terms. Once your Earnest refinance loan is approved and you've signed your loan agreement, please complete the 'Grace Period Match Request Form' found at the bottom of this article and upload it to your Earnest account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Earnest account, and click on your name in the right-hand corner.
- Select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Documents and Uploads,” find the "Offer Letter, Statement, or Other Document to upload" section.
- Drop your file into the box, select the document type of "Other" and click "Upload." Please note that the maximum file capacity is 10MB.
- Review and click the green box labeled "Save Changes" at the bottom.
Note that for all grace periods, interest will still accrue on the loan.
Once you upload the form, our servicing team will be in touch with you via email within 4-5 business days. If you do not hear back from us by then, feel free to contact us to get an update by using the "Get In Touch" button found below this article.